Friday, January 25, 2008

VwaV: Scrambled Tofu and Herb-Roasted Potatoes



Today is Paul's day off, and the start to our weekend, so to start things off right I wanted to cook a hearty breakfast that's a little fancier and more savory than pumpkin bread. After skimming through some cookbooks I settled on the scrambled tofu and herb-roasted potatoes from vegan with a vengeance. Both are dishes that I make frequently, but instead of winging it as I usually do, I decided to follow the recipes from VwaV so that I could write a review here on my food blog.

The potatoes are divine, and easy to boot. These are definitely worth making for a nice brunch or even dinner. The scrambled tofu was definitely good, but more complicated than the version that I usually make. I was concerned that the paprika might be too strong a flavor for the mildness of the mushrooms, and the amount of cumin seemed like a lot, but it turned out that both were spot on. The lemon was unusual and I think I might use less next time because I think it was a bit overpowering, but that might just be because I was using a particularly juicy lemon. Overall it was still quite good and although I would have liked to see some spinach or other leafy greens, Paul thought it was excellent.

No comments: