Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bryanna's Burger Buns



Every week or so I make a vague outline of the meals that I want to make and then a shopping list for the items not currently in our pantry, then, as the day unfolds I poll Paul to find out which meal he's feeling like that day. Tonight Paul had a date to be online playing WoW with his brother and friends and his response was something that could be eaten with his hands while on the computer. OK, sandwich.

Oops, no bread, and a loaf of bread takes the better part of a day to bake... far too long for the couple hours I have to figure out dinner. Pitas? Tortillas? ... Instead I remembered a blog entry I'd seen not too long ago.

I followed her instructions for Bryanna's Jiffy Burger Buns (3rd recipe down the blog post) except that I didn't have potato flakes, nor sesame seeds. I substituted corn starch for the potato flakes and left the buns bare.

These were so good that Paul declared them the best burger buns he's ever had. This has definitely inspired me to try her other bun recipes when BBQ season hits, and even going to the trouble of planning ahead to make sure I have all the recommended ingredients.

No comments: